Is one of the great men who marked the history of the world in the twentieth century. After studying law in London, this Hindu returned to India, his home country, where he worked hard to regain the Hindu traditions and preach his philosophy of nonviolence. Their peaceful but revolutionary thoughts took such force that for 1931 Gandhi claimed before the world and before England the independence of their nation. His biggest and most famous feat was getting the desired independence through peaceful struggle.
Genial.guru invites you to visit 15 of the most powerful phrases of the man who got India was declared independent without a single drop of blood being spilled in the midst of a war.
Today marks 146 years was born in New DelhiMahatma Gandhi, lawyer, politician and Indian thinker who transcended worldwide for being considered one of the most respected leaders of the twentieth century, all to fight peacefully for the independence of their country and their subsequent integration regardless of social class and religious differences. The result of this effort and this peaceful resistance, Gandhi was assassinated at age 78 on January 30, 1948 by a fundamentalist fanatic.
- 1. There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
- 2. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you'll live forever.
- 3. Do not let the sun die without having killed your grudges.
- 4. An eye for an eye and the whole world blind.
- 5. Watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Watch your words, for they become your actions. Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits, for they become your destiny.
- 6. An error does not become truth by the fact that everyone believes in him.
- 7. The most egregious bad things from bad people is the silence of good people.
- 8. One must be as humble as dust to uncover the truth.
- 9. Mankind can not break free of violence but through nonviolence.
- 10. My greatest weapon is mute prayer.
- 11. Be the change you want to see in the world.
- 12. Love is the humblest strength, but the most powerful of which has the world.
- 13. Forgiveness is the value of the brave. Only he who is strong enough to forgive an offense, knows how to love.
- 14. Our reward is in the effort, not the outcome. A total effort is full victory.
- 15. Violence is the fear of the ideals of others.